Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Here we go again! This will be my 16th year teaching in the Reading School District.  I've learned a lot along the way and sharpened my skills with every lesson taught.

As much as I love being a teacher, one of my favorite things to do is set up my classroom.  This year was even more exciting with a new room and a new grade. Another difference this year is all of my students will be the same.  I've never looped with a group before but I'm looking forward to seeing their little faces tomorrow at open house!

So in a few hours, I will get to see their reaction to our new room, but luckily you will get to preview it first. Let me know what you think!

 This is the view from the back of my room.
Love the respect and friends posters I downloaded for free. 

 My work corner along with my class schedule.
 More of my Navy Blue and Red Theme Decor
 My reading focus wall with bold color lettering  this product is editable too!
 Below are frames I will use for grouping students. The magnet have their names on them and can easily move to a different group!

 Loving their name tags this year. I like to keep the name tags on their desk simple and small.
 My group table with my Sort-o Game in progress! This game is loads of fun and educational! The kids love playing! My learn to write board is to the left. My students love to write whenever they have a free minute.
 My window coverings are actually being used for more bulletin board space. Above I have Go Math vocabulary preview words , for the first couple chapters, which come along with definitions cards that will be posted as we learn them. Below are critical verbs that I grouped if more than one verb had similar meanings.
 Finally, I have my closet doors with Prefix and Suffix words and critical nouns. The third door has goal graphing charts and the fourth door has my classroom jobs posted.
I hope you enjoyed checking out my classroom. Please follow my blog for future updates on my year!

2 comments: